Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Birth

Psalm 71:6

Yes, you haven been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you!

When mum aborted the 3rd child, she surgically tied her wombs.

6 years later, there was an infection in her womb, and she had to untie. A few weeks later, she was pregnant with me.

Have you ever try to guess if the baby's boy or girl? Which method did you try?

Well, sound scan wasn't so popular then, but fortune tellers were.. Mum went to fortune tellers, they told her it was a boy.

Mum walked along the streets, a young child pointed at her womb and said "di di" (young brother in chinese).

People commented by the way her womb shaped that it's a boy.

Some say, the best guess is from the mother herself. Well, mum felt i was a boy.

I could understand, years later, why she wanted a boy. She thought a boy could change my dad. A boy could change the family situation.

That's a lot of hope to pin on an unborn child.

Mum said, for the first few months, she felt like something was choking her.. She couldnt explain why. It was only when dad was quarreling with her, and kinda fling her hand towards a wall, her jade bangle broke, and that's when she don't feel choked anymore... If there's something you want to know about real jade, is that they dont break so easily.. And so, somehow, mum thought i was evil or something..

If you had to ask me when i started drinking, well, don't let this shock you. I started in the womb of my mum.. She said one night, my dad bought really fragrant wine, and she caught the smell, then she started having contractions.. It was so bad that she had to force my dad to give her a sip, which of course my dad refuse, but reluctantly gave in. Then only the contractions went away..

A week before my birth, mum struck 4D. For those who dont know, it's some sort of lottery.

So a week later, mum was sent to KK hospital. I was not ready.. She suffered two nights of bad contractions. On 15 Jan, also lunar calender 2 Dec (same as mum), the doctor decided that mum had to be operated on. so she had a C-section, and out i came.

This account was only told to me on my 21st birthday... As mum woke up from her operation, she waited anxiously for the nurse to present her baby "boy" to her.. Grandma came, with me in her arms, and presented me to mum.. When mum found out i was a girl, she told me her heart dropped.. Literally disappointed.

What a way to celebrate my 21st birthday ya..

But anyways, as i was growing up, mum found out i was pretty much more interested in boy's stuff, and lots more.. All that coming up in the next entry..

No comments:

Post a Comment